Here are ten popular campgrounds in Yosemite National Park with brief descriptions:
Here is the link to check for availability and reserve your spot.
Upper Pines Campground:
- Located in Yosemite Valley, this campground is centrally located, making it convenient for exploring popular attractions like Yosemite Falls and Half Dome.
Lower Pines Campground:
- Situated near the Merced River in Yosemite Valley, Lower Pines offers a picturesque setting and easy access to hiking trails and iconic landmarks.
North Pines Campground:
- Adjacent to the Merced River, North Pines is another Yosemite Valley option, providing a serene atmosphere and proximity to major points of interest.
- Found near the Wawona area, this campground offers a more secluded experience with access to the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias and the historic Wawona Hotel.
Bridalveil Creek Campground:
- Located at a higher elevation, this campground provides a forested environment and is a great base for exploring Glacier Point and the Badger Pass Ski Area.
Tuolumne Meadows Campground:
- Situated at a higher elevation in the Tuolumne Meadows area, this campground offers stunning alpine scenery and is ideal for hikers and those looking for a quieter camping experience.
White Wolf Campground:
- Nestled in the high country, White Wolf is a rustic campground with a mountainous backdrop, offering access to hiking trails and a more secluded environment.
Crane Flat Campground:
- Conveniently located near the Big Oak Flat entrance, Crane Flat is surrounded by a mix of meadows and forests and is a good choice for those exploring the northern part of the park.
Porcupine Flat Campground:
- A primitive campground with a more remote feel, Porcupine Flat is situated along Tioga Road and provides a peaceful setting for those seeking solitude.
Hodgdon Meadow Campground:
- Located near the Big Oak Flat entrance, Hodgdon Meadow is a quiet campground surrounded by meadows and is an excellent option for those arriving from the west.
Remember to check for current conditions, campground availability, and any reservation requirements before planning your trip to Yosemite National Park.